Topping Twins

Topping Twins

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

No news is good news...

Today we had our follow up appointment with my OB, Dr. Lynch. We talked through several of the questions that Nick and I came up with over the past week. Questions like, what about delivery? Can I try to have a "normal" birth, or do I have to plan for a c-section? The answer-- you can plan for a normal birth, given Baby A isn't breech. A sigh of relief.

Do we know how long Baby B will make it? Right now, Baby B has a strong heart beat. Still at 158. Dr. Wickstrom will be able to tell us more next week at our sonogram. There is a chance that he could make it all the way to delivery, but Dr. Lynch said that it will be easier on me if that isn't the case. Hmmm... I still don't know what I think of that. Dr. Lynch encouraged us to name the boys so that we can begin referring them by their names. Nick and I agree, and are on a mission to find the perfect names for our boys.

The past week has literally been a lot of ups and downs. We spent the weekend with Nick's family, which was a great distraction. We kept busy and Kaylee absolutely loved playing with her cousins. Nick made Mother's Day a great day for me and I felt very blessed to be part of such a loving family.

It's safe to say that Nick and I still feel like this whole thing is very surreal. Like we're reading a book about someone else. We're both very matter of fact about what's going on, but haven't really absorbed everything that is going to happen over the next 5 months. Is this part of the process? We're in denial? Probably.

I can say this, we are SO excited to have a little baby boy this fall. It's pretty cool that Nick's son will get to carry on the "Gary Topping" name for his family. My mom bought Baby A his first outfits last week, of course anyone that knows Nick, knows that those outfits couldn't be more perfect, as they are orange and navy blue. These same colors will be part of our little guy's nursery. Thanks mom!

Nick, Kaylee and I would like to sincerely thank every single person that has sent a note, prayed for us, or been a listening ear. We have been overwhelmed by the support we have received in such a short period of time. We know that we have a tough road ahead, and we ask that you continue to pray for us. Please also pray for thankfulness. Thankfulness that Baby A is healthy, that I am healthy, that Baby B has a bigger plan than any of us here on Earth can imagine.

In all of this, Nick and I are reminded not to take anything for granted. And we hug each other a little more each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment