Topping Twins

Topping Twins

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Getting crafty

I love Pinterest as much as the next person. But how many of you "Pin Now" and "Read Never"? Yep, that used to be me! Until now. While I love to make my own things, I've often never actually taken the time to do it. This week, I set a goal of trying out 2 of my pins.

The first? A banner for one of my friend's weddings. She asked me if I could make her a 'Just Married' sign for the trolley the wedding party will ride on.

So I set off to Hobby Lobby with invitation in hand, looking for silver and navy paper. I found a template online that I used to print the letters. Pretty cute, huh?

My second project? Homemade eye makeup remover. I don't know about you, but I can never seem to get my mascara off with just face wash and I hate using soap. But what I despise even more, is spending tons of money on that kind of stuff! So, I found this great post, and went to Target to pick up the key ingredient: Dr. Bonner's Unscented Baby Mild Liquid Castile Soap. Now, this whole bottle cost me all of $12. But all you need is a 1/4 tsp. (as well as 1 cup water and 1 tsp Olive Oil) So seriously, I can probably make hundreds of this great concoction! Money well spent!



No comments:

Post a Comment